Pinnacle PATH ( Palliative and Advanced treatment in Home) is a unique relationship between the specially trained staff at Pinnacle Home Health and Pinnacle Hospice. Pinnacle PATH is a transition and planning process that empowers patients to dictate who and how they are cared for with end of life issues. It allows physicians the opportunity to refer patients with advanced medical diagnoses to homecare, with the option of future transition to hospice when appropriate.
WHAT IS HOSPICE?
Hospice Care focuses on palliative and comfort care, not curative care. Patient care can be provided in the patient’s home, hospitals, nursing home facilities, long-term care facilities, assisted living or retirement facilities. Hospice services are available to patients with any terminal illness or of any age, religion, or race.
Attending to all of your concerns...
WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO HOSPICE PATIENTS?
- Pain management and symptom control
- Assists the patient with the emotional, psychosocial and spiritual aspects of the terminal illness as well as assist the family with acceptance and end-of-life planning.
- Provides needed medications, medical supplies, and medical equipment as approved by the hospice team.
- Works with the family on how to care for the patient and offers continuous education to help the family feel confident in providing care.
- Assist in respite care for the patient and family when pain or symptoms become too difficult to treat at home.
- Provides bereavement care and counseling to family and friends for up to 13 months.
- Offers a volunteer to spend time with patients and families
PINNACLE HOSPICE SERVICE AREA:
West Baton Rouge Parish
East Baton Rouge Parish
East Feliciana Parish
Pointe Coupee Parish
St. Helena Parish
St. James Parish
West Feliciana Parish